COVID-19 Resource Center
Thank you to all healthcare workers around the world combating COVID-19. You are truly heroes.
Providing free and shareable resources* to the healthcare community in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
These are unprecedented times, and ECRI realizes you are facing numerous challenges. First and foremost, we hope you, your family, and those you hold dear stay safe and healthy. Visit this COVID-19 Resource Center often for the latest information and life-saving resources. ECRI stands ready to assist your organization in the battle against COVID-19, whether or not you are a current member. If you need assistance, please contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Total cases worldwide
Last updated January 21, 2022 at 8:43 a.m. ET from the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center.
Recently added resources
- NEW | Usability of COVID-19 Antigen Home Test Kits: As the consumer demand for COVID-19 rapid tests increases due to the spread of the omicron variant, ECRI evaluated seven COVID-19 rapid tests and found serious gaps in their usability.
- ECRI Position Paper | Rethinking Patient Discharge: A Low-Cost Opportunity For Healthcare Efficiency Gains: Frustration over hospital discharge delays and the bottlenecks they create are a familiar experience to patients and staff. Hours are wasted while inpatients wait to leave, staff wait for free beds, and new patients wait for initial evaluation in overcrowded emergency departments (EDs). In addition to causing revenue losses, discharge delays may put patients at risk.
- Vendor Check | Aluminum Underarm Crutches: To assist in navigating product shortages, this complimentary report from ECRI provides a listing of Aluminum Underarm Crutches vendors and indicates whether the vendor has product available.
- UPDATED | ECRI's COVID-19 Journey: ECRI’s journey through the global pandemic delivered trusted, independent guidance to the broad healthcare community, assuring safe, high-quality care for patients and support for healthcare workers.
- ECRI Position Paper | COVID-19 Vaccines: Mitigating Disease and Promoting Global Health Equity: The unprecedented rapid development of COVID-19 vaccines marks a giant leap in scientific progress and distributing them justly could show the world new models for achieving global health equity.
- Updated COVID-19 Vaccine Guidance: Frequently asked questions from ECRI members on COVID-19 vaccines.
- Face Coverings Worn by Children in School Settings to Reduce SARS-CoV-2 Transmission: ECRI's evidence review focuses on the effectiveness of nonmedical face masks to reduce SARS-CoV-2 transmission in children in school settings.
- ECRI Position Paper | Pregnancy and COVID-19 Vaccines: A Hopeful Promise of Protection for Mothers and Newborns: People trying to become pregnant or planning to become pregnant do not need to avoid becoming pregnant before or after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
- White Paper | Evolution of Risk Mitigation in Value Analysis during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Download a free copy of the Value Analysis white paper addressing opportunities for improvement, improving processes by evaluating vulnerabilities, and the importance of accessing clinical evidence.
- ECRI Exclusive Hazard Report | Sterilization Wrap Supply Shortages May Affect Reprocessing Workflows and Delay Patient Care: ECRI has been made aware of supply shortages of sterilization wraps used in the sterile packaging of instruments.
COVID-19 resource collections
Visit these COVID-19 resource pages often for the latest information and life-saving resources.
Resources for healthcare professionals
Our free resources include emergency preparedness and infection control guidelines, checklists, and tools; supply chain resources, and guidance for aging care facilities. Additional resources and services are available through ECRI’s membership programs. Contact us today to learn more.
- CMS | New Guidance on Requirements for Notification of Confirmed and Suspected COVID-19 Cases in Nursing Homes
- CDC | Interim Guidelines for Collecting, Handling, and Testing Clinical Specimens from Persons for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC | COVID-19 Patient Impact & Hospital Capacity Module
- FDA | Enforcement Policy for Face Masks and Respirators During the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency
- FDA | FAQs on 3D Printing of Medical Devices, Accessories, Components, and Parts During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- FDA | FAQs on Diagnostic Testing for SARS-CoV-2
ECRI in the news
- November 16, 2020 | Scripps National News: Meeting safety standards in PPE gowns
- October 23, 2020 | Infectious Disease Special Edition: Rushing COVID-19 Vaccination Could Undermine Overall Success, Vaccine Experts Warn FDA
- October 22, 2020 | NBC News: In livestreamed FDA meeting, U.S. regulators and experts take up Covid vaccine issues
- October 22, 2020 | PBS News Hour: U.S. regulators, experts take up thorny vaccine study issues
- July 11, 2020 | Modern Healthcare: Providers in emerging COVID hot spots face complex set of challenges
External Resource Centers
- AHRMM Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
- American Hospital Association
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) COVID-19 Resources
- The BMJ
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Cochrane Library
- ISMP COVID-19 Resources
- Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA)
- The Lancet
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- World Health Organization
* All material in this COVID-19 Resource Center, https://www.ecri.org/coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak-preparedness-center/, is protected by copyright, and all rights are reserved under international and Pan-American copyright conventions. However, in light of current circumstances, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ECRI will permit the ECRI content accessible from this COVID-19 Resource Center to be reproduced and shared, in whole or in part, for non-commercial purposes only. If you desire to reproduce or share content from third-party sources cited within this Center, you must first seek approval from that third-party source.