COVID-19 Resource Center
Thank you to all healthcare workers around the world combating COVID-19. You are truly heroes.
Providing free and shareable resources* to the healthcare community in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
These are unprecedented times, and ECRI realizes you are facing numerous challenges. First and foremost, we hope you, your family, and those you hold dear stay safe and healthy. Visit this COVID-19 Resource Center often for the latest information and life-saving resources. ECRI stands ready to assist your organization in the battle against COVID-19, whether or not you are a current member. If you need assistance, please contact us today at email@example.com.
Recently added resources
- NEW WEBINAR RECORDING (May 28, 2020) Resiliency and the Workforce—Keys to Survival: Join ECRI and RLDatix as they discuss strategies to practice self-awareness and how to come out of difficult experiences stronger than before.
- UPCOMING WEBINAR ON JUNE 4 COVID-19 Post ICU Syndrome: The Coming Wave that Needs Attention Now and What the Evidence Indicates: In the COVID-19 pandemic, patients who require substantially long periods of mechanical ventilation and intensive care unit (ICU) stay are at high risk of developing Post-intensive Care Syndrome (PICS).
- UPDATED (May 22, 2020) | ECRI is collaborating with The Association for Health Care Resource & Materials Management (AHRMM) to provide lists of non-traditional suppliers offering PPE supplies. In this collaboration, AHRMM is tracking non-traditional domestic suppliers and ECRI is tracking non-traditional international suppliers. The combined effort and solution will help providers vet non-traditional suppliers and provide assurance that they have been assessed by each organization.
- NEW Position Statement (May 21, 2020) | Post-ICU Syndrome: The Coming Wave That Needs Attention Now: New ECRI research examines the dangers and likelihood of Post-Intensive Care Syndrome (PICS) for recovered COVID-19 patients that experienced a long time in the ICU and mechanical ventilation.
- NEW Clinical Evidence Assessment (May 18, 2020) | Considerations for Safe Labor, Delivery, and Neonatal Care during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Guidance on ways to protect staff, measures to limit transmission, recommendations for COVID-19 testing for pregnant women and for infants born to infected mothers, and optimal maternal care and breastfeeding recommendations.
Resources for healthcare professionals
Our free resources include emergency preparedness and infection control guidelines, checklists, and tools; supply chain resources, and guidance for aging care facilities. Additional resources and services are available through ECRI’s membership programs. Contact us today to learn more.
COVID-19 resource collections
Visit these COVID-19 resource pages often for the latest information and life-saving resources.
- CMS | New Guidance on Requirements for Notification of Confirmed and Suspected COVID-19 Cases in Nursing Homes
- CDC | Interim Guidelines for Collecting, Handling, and Testing Clinical Specimens from Persons for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC | COVID-19 Patient Impact & Hospital Capacity Module
- FDA | Enforcement Policy for Face Masks and Respirators During the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency
- FDA | FAQs on 3D Printing of Medical Devices, Accessories, Components, and Parts During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- FDA | FAQs on Diagnostic Testing for SARS-CoV-2
ECRI in the news
- May 15, 2020 | MedTechDive: FDA aims to thwart infusion pump shortage with new industrywide emergency use authorization
- May 15, 2020 | Philadelphia Inquirer: Universal coronavirus testing at Pennsylvania nursing homes?
- May 11, 2020 | Modern Healthcare’s Executive Conversations: Infection Control in the COVID-19 Era: Strategies for Reducing Infection Risk During and After the Crisis
- May 11, 2020 | Wired: Infrared Cameras Can Spot a Fever, but May Not Slow Covid-19
- May 9, 2020 | Philadelphia Inquirer: When will it be safe to visit your mom in a nursing home after coronavirus lockdowns?
External Resource Centers
- AHRMM Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
- American Hospital Association
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) COVID-19 Resources
- The BMJ
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Cochrane Library
- ISMP COVID-19 Resources
- Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA)
- The Lancet
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- World Health Organization
* All material in this COVID-19 Resource Center, https://www.ecri.org/coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak-preparedness-center/, is protected by copyright, and all rights are reserved under international and Pan-American copyright conventions. However, in light of current circumstances, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ECRI will permit the ECRI content accessible from this COVID-19 Resource Center to be reproduced and shared, in whole or in part, for non-commercial purposes only. If you desire to reproduce or share content from third-party sources cited within this Center, you must first seek approval from that third-party source.