COVID-19 Resource Center
Thank you to all healthcare workers around the world combating COVID-19. You are truly heroes.
Providing free and shareable resources* to the healthcare community in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
These are unprecedented times, and ECRI realizes you are facing numerous challenges. First and foremost, we hope you, your family, and those you hold dear stay safe and healthy. Visit this COVID-19 Resource Center often for the latest information and life-saving resources. ECRI stands ready to assist your organization in the battle against COVID-19, whether or not you are a current member. If you need assistance, please contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Total cases worldwide
Last updated January 15, 2021 at 8:37 a.m. ET from the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center.
Recently added resources
- NEW | Learning from Errors with the New COVID-19 Vaccines: ISMP has received numerous voluntary reports of COVID-19 vaccine errors or hazards happening across the nation and internationally, from vaccine dilution errors to look-alike product mix-ups.
- NEW | COVID-19 Journey: ECRI’s journey through the global pandemic delivered trusted, independent guidance to the broad healthcare community, assuring safe, high-quality care for patients and support for healthcare workers.
- COVID-19 Lab Webcast Recording | COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution & Administration—Is Your Health System Prepared?: As health systems prepare to deliver the COVID-19 vaccine, there are many questions about distribution and administration.
- UPDATED | ECRI is collaborating with The Association for Health Care Resource & Materials Management (AHRMM) to provide lists of non-traditional suppliers offering PPE supplies. In this collaboration, AHRMM is tracking non-traditional domestic suppliers and ECRI is tracking non-traditional international suppliers. The combined effort and solution will help providers vet non-traditional suppliers and provide assurance that they have been assessed by each organization.
- NEW White Paper | Lessons of COVID-19: Three Actions for a More Resilient Supply Chain: The challenges faced by supply chain professionals during the COVID-19 pandemic included shortages of critical PPE supplies, overreliance on supplies from China, and purchases from non-traditional international suppliers creating uncertainty about safety during an unprecedented health crisis.
- UPDATED | Gown Testing Summary: Gown testing data includes manufacturer, model name, model #, lot #, country of origin, color, cuff type, thumb hole, seam locations, materia, photos, and AAMI equivalent level.
- NEW ECRI Position Paper | Community Engagement to Improve Enrollment Diversity in COVID-19 Studies: ECRI believes community engagement to increase diversity and inclusion of patients enrolled in COVID-19 trials is critical, not just for vaccine trials, but also for treatment trials and epidemiologic studies.
COVID-19 resource collections
Visit these COVID-19 resource pages often for the latest information and life-saving resources.
Resources for healthcare professionals
Our free resources include emergency preparedness and infection control guidelines, checklists, and tools; supply chain resources, and guidance for aging care facilities. Additional resources and services are available through ECRI’s membership programs. Contact us today to learn more.
- CMS | New Guidance on Requirements for Notification of Confirmed and Suspected COVID-19 Cases in Nursing Homes
- CDC | Interim Guidelines for Collecting, Handling, and Testing Clinical Specimens from Persons for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC | COVID-19 Patient Impact & Hospital Capacity Module
- FDA | Enforcement Policy for Face Masks and Respirators During the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency
- FDA | FAQs on 3D Printing of Medical Devices, Accessories, Components, and Parts During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- FDA | FAQs on Diagnostic Testing for SARS-CoV-2
ECRI in the news
- November 16, 2020 | Scripps National News: Meeting safety standards in PPE gowns
- October 23, 2020 | Infectious Disease Special Edition: Rushing COVID-19 Vaccination Could Undermine Overall Success, Vaccine Experts Warn FDA
- October 22, 2020 | NBC News: In livestreamed FDA meeting, U.S. regulators and experts take up Covid vaccine issues
- October 22, 2020 | PBS News Hour: U.S. regulators, experts take up thorny vaccine study issues
- July 11, 2020 | Modern Healthcare: Providers in emerging COVID hot spots face complex set of challenges
External Resource Centers
- AHRMM Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
- American Hospital Association
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) COVID-19 Resources
- The BMJ
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Cochrane Library
- ISMP COVID-19 Resources
- Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA)
- The Lancet
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- World Health Organization
* All material in this COVID-19 Resource Center, https://www.ecri.org/coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak-preparedness-center/, is protected by copyright, and all rights are reserved under international and Pan-American copyright conventions. However, in light of current circumstances, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ECRI will permit the ECRI content accessible from this COVID-19 Resource Center to be reproduced and shared, in whole or in part, for non-commercial purposes only. If you desire to reproduce or share content from third-party sources cited within this Center, you must first seek approval from that third-party source.