COVID-19 Resources for Supply Chain
Hospitals and other healthcare facilities that are currently assessing their preparedness or actively responding to the COVID-19 outbreak are looking for alternative suppliers of certain personal protective equipment (PPE) and life-saving medical technology, including ventilators. While most facilities may have initial supplies of goggles, masks, and gowns on hand for emergencies, shortages are already occurring.
The depth and breadth of our medical technology databases enables us to benchmark pricing on nearly 2 million supplies and more than 100,000 capital equipment items. We are expanding access to our exclusive content to help you respond to COVID-19 with the free resources listed below. Additional comprehensive content is available on our membership websites. Through these programs and customized consulting services, we assure smart purchasing choices and safe patient care. Please contact us to learn more.
Help us help you with your critical supply needs
For providers needing help locating critical supplies, please share your inventory information with us via a quick survey and we’ll provide a complimentary report. For manufacturers/distributors who have critical supplies in stock, please share your inventory status with our easy-to-use survey and we’ll relay your information to providers.
- NEW Lab Series Tour (April 2, 2020) | Strategies to Mitigate Ventilator Shortages: This recording of our April 1, 2020, live-streamed lab tour, provides an understanding of how to strategize ventilator deployment when supplies are short, how and when to split one ventilator to treat two patients, and how to ensure that a ventilator is safe to use.
- NEW (March 31, 2020) | Critical Care and Emergency Care Treatment Room Equipment List: This excel file provides current 2020 budget pricing to outfit critical care and emergency treatment rooms with medical equipment. Each tab in the worksheet is a list of medical equipment only. Other items not included are furniture and IT equipment. Supply chain personnel should consider reviewing this list with their respective clinical service department as their workflows and patient population may require either additional equipment or a different quantity of equipment. For medical equipment planning needs, contact ECRI at email@example.com.
- UPDATED (March 30, 2020) | Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Supply Equivalents: Best matches for the three most popular exam gloves, disinfecting wipes, face shields, isolation gowns, IV solutions, N95 air purifying respirators, shoe covers, surgical masks, and universal transport medium based on key performance indicators (KPIs) and functional equivalence. Proprietary database includes manufacturer name, catalog number, percentage match, median price, and KPI details.
- NEW Lab Series Tour (March 26, 2020) | Safe Respirator Usage When Supplies Are Short: This recording of our March 25, 2020, live-streamed lab tour, features recommendations from ECRI experts on how to use N95 respirators safely when normal procedures are challenging due to shortages.
- COVID-19 FAQs | Your Questions Answered: Get answers to your frequently asked questions for COVID-19 relating to clinical, infection prevention, patient safety, and supply chain concerns.
- Clinical Evidence Assessment | Infection Risk from Scrubs Worn Outside Patient Care Settings: This report focuses on assessing evidence to determine whether wearing scrubs outside patient care settings and returning to the care setting increases the risk of transmitting infections.
- Webinar Recording | Combating COVID-19 Together: This webinar is design to assist healthcare professionals assess their preparedness in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Emergency Preparedness Device List: A list of bioterrorism and emergency preparedness devices organized according to ECRI's Universal Medical Device Nomenclature System (UMDNS) device terms.
- Personal Protective Equipment Alternative Suppliers: A comprehensive go-to directory of alternative suppliers organized by equipment type: respirators, shoe
- Portable and Transport Ventilator Evaluations: Overview and ratings of ventilators used for in-hospital transport, long-term care, and mass-casualty critical care.
- Disinfectant Concentrations and Contact Times for EPA's List of Products Effective against Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, the Cause of COVID-19: This table lists disinfectant concentrations and contact times for EPA's List N, which covers antimicrobial products effective against novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. This will help you ensure you're using an effective disinfectant at a sufficient concentration and contact time to kill SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19.
All material in the Clinical Evidence Assessment is protected by copyright, and all rights are reserved under international and Pan-American copyright conventions. Subscribers may not copy, resell, or reproduce information from Clinical Evidence Assessments (except to print out single copies of reports for authorized use) by any means or for any purpose, including library and interlibrary use, or transfer it to third parties without prior written permission from ECRI. Only with respect to ECRI content on this Resource Site, https://www.ecri.org/coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak-preparedness-center/, in light of current circumstances with respect to COVID-19, ECRI permits the content at this Resource Site to be reproduced and shared, in whole or in part, for non-commercial purposes only, as that term is understood under similar provisions, e.g., CREATIVE COMMONS NON-COMMERCIAL LICENSE.