World Patient Safety Day 2020
Health Worker Safety: A Priority for Patient Safety | September 17, 2020
ECRI, and its affiliate, the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP), are proud to join global leaders in supporting World Patient Safety Day 2020.
This year’s theme is Health Worker Safety: A Priority for Patient Safety. For nonprofit safety organizations ECRI and ISMP, this means recognizing the critical role that healthcare providers play in ensuring the safety of patients across all care settings, especially now during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We fulfill our mission by testing and evaluating medical devices, including personal protective equipment, providing infection control and medication safety guidance, and delivering trusted evidence-based resources to help clinical and supply chain staff do their jobs effectively. Since the pandemic began, we have offered free and sharable content on our COVID-19 Resource Center.
The COVID-19 pandemic has exposed the huge challenges and risks facing health workers globally, including infections, violence, psychological and emotional disturbances, illness, and death.
For World Patient Safety Day 2020, we speak up for health worker safety, providing a broad array of COVID-19 resources, trusted guidance about infection prevention and medication safety, and supportive materials on worker safety, health, and wellness.
We invite you to explore all that we have to offer and consider becoming a member of ECRI.
COVID-19 PPE resources
- Aging Services Personal Protective Equipment Guidelines in the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Coronavirus Support Product Equivalents
- Navigating the Purchase of PPE from Nontraditional Suppliers
- N95 Masks: New Guidance for Addressing Shortages
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Supply Equivalents
- Safety of extended use and ruse of N95 Respirators
Infection prevention resources
- Benefits, Costs, and Risks of Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide for Disinfecting N95 Respirators: Beware of the Hype
- Checklist for Routine Cleaning & Disinfection of Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19 Patient Rooms
- Hand Hygiene
- Infection Prevention & Control
Medication safety resources
- Medication Safety During COVID-19: What Have We Learned?
- Prevention of Drug Diversion in the Healthcare Setting
- During the Pandemic, Aspire to Identify and Prevent Medication Errors and to Avoid Blaming Attitudes
Worker safety, health & wellness resources
- Burnout and its impact on Patient Safety
- Infrared Temperature Screening to Reduce Infection Transmission by Visitors and Staff during Outbreaks: What Does the Evidence Support?
- Medical Device Cybersecurity Alerts – Managing Threats and Mitigating Risk
- Resiliency and the Workforce—Keys to Survival
- Temperature Screening to Prevent COVID-19 Transmission: Creating False Security
Ensuring the safety of health workers is the first step to keeping patients safe. Join us as we speak up for all health workers!
Sign-up to receive our Patient Safety & Risk eNewsletter.