Evaluation: Radiometer ABL90 Flex Plus Blood Gas and pH Analyzer with AQURE Middleware
December 20, 2019 | Evaluations & Guidance
- The primary purpose of the ABL90 Flex Plus blood gas analyzer is to assess blood pH, partial pressure of carbon dioxide (pCO2), and partial pressure of oxygen (pO2) in heparinized whole blood (arterial, venous, or capillary) samples near or within patient care areas (e.g., NICUs, EDs, ORs).
- The ABL90 Flex Plus blood gas analyzer also assesses:
- Co-oximetry parameters: oxygenated hemoglobin (O2Hb), carboxyhemoglobin (COHb), deoxygenated hemoglobin (HHb), methemoglobin (metHb), totalHb, and hematocrit (Hct)
- Additional blood parameters: oxygen saturation (sO2) and fetal hemoglobin fraction (fHbF)
- Electrolytes: K1+, Na1+, Ca2+, and Cl1-
- Metabolites: glucose, lactate, and bilirubin
- Accuracy of pH, pCO2, and pO2 measurements as reported...