Evaluation: Philips Healthcare IntelliVue MX800 ICU Physiologic Monitoring System
December 20, 2017 | Evaluations & Guidance
- Depending on their configuration, physiologic monitoring systems measure and display waveforms and numeric data for various parameters, including ECG, respiratory rate, noninvasive blood pressure (NIBP) and invasive blood pressure (IBP; systolic, diastolic, and mean), body temperature, pulse rate, arterial hemoglobin oxygen saturation (SpO2), mixed venous oxygen saturation (SvO2), cardiac output, end-tidal carbon dioxide (EtCO2), intracranial pressure, and airway gas concentrations (particularly during the administration of anesthesia).
Major device components and software features:
- IntelliVue MMS X2 multi-measurement module (M3002A)—This unit offers a 8.9 cm (3.5 in) color touchscreen display and is intended for continuous measurement of adult, pediatric, and neonatal physiologic parameters. The MMS X2 can be docked to the IntelliVue MX800 bedside monitor as a patient measurement module and can also function as a transport monitor with wireless communication directly to the central station using either IEEE 802.11 a/b/g communication or Philips's proprietary 1.4 Smart-hopping network.
- IntelliVue MX800 bedside monitor—A high-acuity bedside monitor intended for continuous monitoring of adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients. The IntelliVue MX800 is intended to:
- Admit and discharge patients via an automatically populated list from the hospital's admit/discharge/transfer (ADT) system by using a bar-code scanner or through a patient search feature
- Display numeric data, graphical trends, and waveforms received from a multi-measurement module (MMS X2) as well as visual and audible alarm signals
- Serve as a connectivity hub to integrate patient data from different stand-alone medical devices connected to the patient (e.g., ventilators, infusion pumps) using the optional EP10 module
- Communicate and transfer patient data to the Philips IntelliVue Information Center iX (PIIC iX) over a wired LAN connection, a wireless IEEE 802.11 a/b/g connection, or Philips's proprietary 1.4 Smart-hopping network
- Display: 48.3 cm (19 in) LCD touchscreen display
- Parameters monitored:
Monitored Parameters: MMS X2 Multi-measurement Module Parameters Maximum Number of Channels Three-, five-, six-, or 10-lead ECG, including arrhythmia and ST segment analysis — Respiration 1 NIBP 1 Philips FAST, Nellcor, or Masimo SpO2Note: SpHb (noninvasive and continuous hemoglobin), SpCO (noninvasive and continuous carboxyhemoglobin), SpMet (noninvasive and continuous methemoglobin), and PVi (Pleth Variability Index) are optional functions available when using the built-in Masimo rainbow SpO2 module 1 Additional Parameters Monitored Using Flexible Module Racks (up to two may be connected to the MX800) Maximum Number of Channels Temperature 6 IBP 6 Cardiac output measurement...