Evaluation: GE MAC 5500 HD Acute Care Diagnostic Electrocardiograph
July 18, 2018 | Evaluations & Guidance
- The MAC 5500 HD is used to acquire, analyze, display, print, store, and transmit ECGs. It also uses an algorithm to interpret ECG data for review and consideration by a physician.
- The MAC 5500 HD consists of the following: a) Electrocardiograph
- Size (closed): 35.1 × 38.1 × 9.4 cm (13.8 × 15 × 3.7 in)
- Weight (excluding paper): 6.8 kg (15 lb)
- Size: 26.4 cm (10.4 in) diagonal
- Resolution: 640 × 480 pixels
- Full alphanumeric QWERTY keyboard
- Sealed elastomer surface to prevent particulate and liquid ingress
- Thermal dot-array printer
- Resolution: 1,000 dpi horizontal at 25 mm/sec, 200 dpi vertical
- Battery: One internal rechargeable nickel-metal hydride
- Wireless LAN for connecting to hospital's wireless network to pull in order and patient demographic information and send ECG reports. Uses IEEE 802.11 b, g, and n communication standards.
- Modem port on right side.
- RJ45 LAN port on right side.
- Acquisition module connector on underside of tray cover.
Ambulatory Care CenterAmbulatory Surgery CenterAssisted-living FacilityBehavioral Health FacilityDialysis FacilityEmergency DepartmentEndoscopy FacilityHome CareHospiceHospital InpatientHospital OutpatientImaging CenterIndependent Living FacilityPhysician PracticeRehabilitation FacilityShort-stay FacilitySkilled-nursing FacilitySubstance Abuse Treatment FacilityTrauma Center