Evaluation: Edan Instruments i15 Blood Gas and Chemistry Analyzer
August 6, 2020 | Evaluations & Guidance
- The primary purpose of the i15 analyzer is to assess blood pH, partial pressure of carbon dioxide (pCO2), and partial pressure of oxygen (pO2) in heparinized whole blood (arterial, venous, or capillary) samples near or within patient care areas (e.g., NICUs, EDs, ORs).
- The i15 analyzer also assesses:
- Additional blood parameters: estimated total hemoglobin concentration, estimated oxygen saturation (sO2), and hematocrit (direct measurement)
- Electrolytes: K1+, Na1+, Ca2+, and Cl1-
- Metabolites: glucose, blood urea nitrogen (BUN)/urea and lactate
- Accuracy and precision of pH, pCO2, and pO2 measurements: Information was not provided by the manufacturer.
- Major device components and software features:
- Compact analyzer, either stationary or mobile (i.e., during transport)