Evaluation: Trumpf Medical iLED 7 Major LED Surgical Light
February 13, 2019 | Evaluations & Guidance
- The Trumpf Medical iLED 7 is used to provide high-quality, consistent, and shadow-free illumination for surgical teams to see into deep cavities in a patient's body.
- An optional wireless high-definition (HD) video camera may be mounted in the central light handle that provides controllable views of the surgical site that may be transmitted to video monitors around the OR; all iLED 7 light heads are camera-ready.
- Major components and features:
- Seventy-two LEDs (six zones of 9 LEDs, plus a central ring of 18 LEDs), intended to redundantly overlap beams of light as a means of shadow dilution.
- Maximum light illuminance intensity: approximately 160,000 lux, as measured by ECRI Institute.
- Four intensity settings from 30% to 100% illuminance, plus a dim "endo" mode for procedures requiring low light.
- SmartAssist technology that will detect obstructions between the light head and the surgical site, such as a surgeon's head, and redistribute power from up to two zones of LEDs to other zones of the light so as not to lose intensity.
- High color rendering index (CRI) value of 97.
- Four values of color temperature (3,500 kelvins K, 4,000 K, 4,500 K, 5,000 K) for different specialties or surgeon preference.
- Claimed LED life of 60,000 hours.
- Large light head diameter of 28 in (71.1 cm), with LEDs spanning approximately 23 in (58.4 cm). The iLED 7 light head is not available in other sizes.