Assisted-Living Resident Loses Vision after Medicated Shampoo Gets in Her Eye; Jury Awards $2.4M

February 4, 2022 | Aging Services Risk Management


​An assisted-living resident lost vision in one eye after medicated shampoo got in her eye as a nurse aide was shampooing her hair. In a lawsuit the resident's estate brought against the assisted-living facility in Florida state court, the jury awarded the resident's estate $2,446,000, according to an article in the October 2021 Medical Malpractice Verdicts, Settlements & Experts.

The resident, who was 87 years old and had dementia, was admitted to the assisted-living facility for rehabilitation. Although the resident was not a candidate for hospice services, the resident...

Access Full Content

Contact us today at 610.825.6000.