Implementation Approaches for Closing the Loop
Implementing health IT safe practices to reduce diagnostic errors
Diagnoses that are delayed, missed, and incorrect are among the most common causes of error that can result in patient harm and inappropriate care. However, some diagnostic errors may be avoided by effectively utilizing health information technology (IT).
Working directly with healthcare organizations, the Partnership for Health IT Patient Safety recently explored how to implement tactics to close the loop on diagnostic evaluations. Clinicians were able to better use their existing technology and modify their practice to better track this key information.
- White Paper: Implementing Closing the Loop Safe Practices for Diagnostic Results
- Close the Loop in Your Organization: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Safety Recommendations & Implementation Strategies: Closing the Loop
- Health IT Safe Practices for Closing the Loop Toolkit
- Closing the Loop: Evidence-based Literature Review
A three-part podcast series featuring workgroup leaders Dr. Christoph Lehmann, Dr. Hardeep Singh, Dr. Mark Segal, Dr. Dean Sittig, Patricia Giuffrida, MSN, RN, and Robert Giannini, NHA, CHTS-IM/CP.