Partnership for Health IT Patient Safety
Advance the safety of health information technology through collaboration and dissemination of best practices
The Partnership for Health IT Patient Safety (Partnership), a multi-stakeholder collaborative, brought together providers, vendors, development companies, professional organizations, human factors experts, and others to set priorities in health IT safety. We evaluated all available evidence, derived safety recommendations, and prioritized how to achieve the greatest impact.
- Access our library of resources developed to help make Health IT safer
- Learn from our in-depth study of health IT events in safe practice recommendations and toolkits
- Share the responsibility of shaping the future of health IT safety
Driving Change Through Collaboration: New 2020 Projects
During 2020, the Partnership focused on the following extensive workgroup projects and the development of safe practice recommendations. One of these two workgroups was work conducted again in collaboration with HIMSS Electronic Health Record Association (EHRA). Information and materials developed from each of the 2020 workgroups are available below. Review the final whitepapers, safe practice recommendations and implementation strategies, and other related content like blog posts and podcasts. Access the press bundle to share this information with your colleagues.
- Optimizing Health IT for the Safe Integration of Behavioral Health and Primary Care (EHRA/ECRI Workgroup)
- Safe Practices to Reduce CPOE Alert Fatigue through Monitoring, Analysis, and Optimization (ECRI Workgroup)
- Collaboration Blazes a Trail to Health IT Safety–2020 Annual Report