ECRI Institute certifies safety and security professionals so they can stay up-to-date on the evolving healthcare environment. You can attain HEM certification in-person or through our self-paced online program.
Courses cover best practices in the following areas:
- Safety from a system perspective
- Occupational safety
- Accident investigation
- System safety management
- Hazard vulnerability analysis
- Emergency management
- Infection prevention
- Human factors / ergonomics
- Laboratory safety
- Security and workplace violence
- Industrial hygiene
- Indoor air quality
- Bloodborne pathogens
- Waste management
Promote compliance with key regulations in these areas:
- Joint Commission
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Environmental Protection Agency
- National Fire Protection Association
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Access the HEM Certification
Continuing Education Credits
Each of the individual modules for classroom and online versions have been approved for California State Nursing Hours.
All certified HEMs are required to complete the recertification process every three years.
Host an In-person Program
We're actively seeking healthcare facilities to partner with us in hosting upcoming courses. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.