Ambulatory Care Risk Management
Reduce risk and improve patient safety with practical guidance and action-oriented resources
With often limited resources and a continual onslaught of new information and challenges, how can ambulatory care leaders continually assess their organization’s performance? How can they stay informed on best practices and translate those practices into improvement plans? And, how can they ensure that their organization’s policies and procedures stay current?
ECRI’s Ambulatory Care Risk Management can help. Available as a standalone online membership or as part of a Patient Safety Organization membership, this service provides actionable tools, evidence-based guidance, and practical strategies to anyone involved in managing risk in ambulatory care environments.
ECRI’s Ambulatory Care Risk Management focuses on topics that matter to physician practices and other ambulatory care settings—including office administration, medication safety, infection control, and office emergencies, as well as legal principles affecting the physician practice and system and administrative factors that contribute to malpractice claims. The membership also provides an assessment of a practice’s culture of safety and proactive risk management, along with support for physician quality initiatives and electronic health records.
Online membership provides around-the-clock access to a wealth of tools and resources for patient safety, risk management, and compliance guidance:
- Articles offering actionable recommendations on risk mitigation strategies, standards, guidelines, and best practices
- Sample policies and tools that can be tailored to fit each practice’s or facility’s needs
- Self-assessment questionnaires to identify performance gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Education and training programs and resources, including PowerPoint slide presentations, for keeping staff knowledgeable about the latest topics
- Bi-weekly newsletter, Physician Practice E-News, with ECRI patient safety and risk management analysts scanning the literature and providing concise abstracts that cover legal and regulatory concerns, standards and guidelines, device hazards and recalls, and patient safety and risk management literature.
The updates we get from ECRI include actionable patient safety and risk management information for our physicians and office managers.
Interested in learning more?
Setup a consultation with an ECRI expert to learn more about how to manage risk for your organization.