Address the increasingly complex aging services care delivery and regulatory environment with expert guidance, proven approaches for quality and safety
Options for care are evolving rapidly to meet the needs of the aging population. Innovative technologies are reshaping service delivery in facilities and fueling new opportunities for people to age in place. In the face of change, one thing remains the same: the need to ensure quality, safety and compliance in complex regulatory environments.
With experience and resources spanning continuing, post-acute, and long-term care environments as well as home-based services, Aging Services Consulting gives leaders access to risk management expertise through a retainer model. Our experts are thought leaders on a range of quality, safety, and compliance topics. We help tackle some of the most pressing challenges in senior care.
Identify risk and improvement opportunities
ECRI’s consultants evaluate patient safety events to help identify opportunities to reduce risk and improve outcomes. Our risk management experts visit facilities to assess risks to patient and resident safety and/or regulatory compliance. We also recommend best practices for mitigating those risks and improving quality and safety for residents.
Address resident safety
Seemingly small risk factors can have a significant impact on resident safety and wellbeing. How can a community reduce fall risk? How can residents feel assured that they can call for help when they need it? What are the best ways to coordinate staff response to a resident fall or other safety incident? Consultants assess current practices and offer practical guidance and action-oriented resources to address those and other common safety challenges.
Update policies and procedures
Policies and procedures are essential to maintaining consistency and compliance in care and service delivery. These need to be “living” documents continually updated to reflect changes in care environments and the regulations that govern them. Bring ECRI on site to collaborate on reviewing and updating policies and procedures.
Investigate and resolve adverse events
When an adverse event occurs, our consultants can serve as an objective third party to investigate the event and analyze the root causes. Based on those findings, we can then recommend evidence-based solutions to help reduce the risk of these events in the future.
Interested in learning more?
Contact us at 610.825.6000, ext. 5891 or e-mail email@example.com.
Recent ECRI articles in Annals of Long-Term Care®.
- March 2020: Recommendations to Improve EHR-Generated Discharge Summaries for Better Care Transitions to Aging Services
- December 2019: Protecting Staff and Resident Health Requires a Comprehensive Staff Immunization Program—During Flu Season and Beyond
- November 2019: Evacuate or Shelter in Place? Prepare Ahead for a Critical Decision
- September 2019: How a Bed Safety Program Can Help Avoid Entrapment Risks
- August 2019: Proactive Risk Assessment as a Foundation of Enterprise Risk Management
- July 2019: Managing Risks in the Age of Social Media
- June 2019: Foundations of a Personal Electronic Device Policy
- May 2019: Health Literacy: Helping Older Adults and Their Families Understand Health Issues