Evaluation: Toshiba Aquilion One Genesis Edition Premium CT System
December 27, 2017 | Evaluations & Guidance
- This system has advanced features for cardiac, stroke, trauma, and low-dose imaging. It can also be used for general radiology.
- Major system components and software features:
- X-ray generator: the system is equipped with a generator with a power rating of 100 kW.
- X-ray tube: MegaCool is a high-performance x-ray tube. The tube is able to generate 640 slices using Aquilion One ConeXact double-slice technology and to deliver consistent beam quality across the full 160 mm z-axis coverage.
- Tube voltage: 80, 100, 120, 135 kVp
- Tube current: 10 to 900 mA
- Tube heat capacity: 7.5 mega heat units (MHU)
- Tube heat dissipation rate: 1,386 kHU/min
- Detector: PUREViSION detector is capable of supporting features such as high-resolution and low-dose imaging.
- It has 16 cm z-axis coverage with 320 rows that generates 640 slices.
- Low-contrast resolution is measured on a 20 cm (8 in) Catphan phantom, 0.5 mm slice thickness, using a helical scan.
- A 3 mm diameter object with a contrast of 1% (10 Hounsfield units HU) can be resolved with a dose of 25.3 mGy using AIDR 3D (described under Software below).
- A 3 mm diameter object with a contrast of 1% (10 HU) can be resolved with a doze of 9.5 mGy using FIRST (described under Optional Device Components below).
- High-contrast resolution: modulation transfer function (MTF) is measured on the Toshiba wire phantom.