Evaluation: OPTI Medical Systems OPTI CCA-TS2 Blood Gas and Electrolyte Analyzer
December 20, 2019 | Evaluations & Guidance
- The primary purpose of the OPTI CCA-TS2 analyzer is to assess blood pH, partial pressure of carbon dioxide (pCO2), and partial pressure of oxygen (pO2) in heparinized whole blood (arterial, venous, or capillary) samples near or within patient care areas (e.g., NICUs, EDs, ORs).
- The OPTI CCA-TS2 analyzer also assesses:
- Additional blood parameters: total hemoglobin concentration (direct measurement) and oxygen saturation (sO2)
- Electrolytes: K1+, Na1+, Ca2+, and Cl1-
- Metabolites: glucose, blood urea nitrogen (BUN)/urea, and lactate
Accuracy of pH, pCO2, and pO2 measurements as reported in the OPTI CCA-TS2 Analyzer Operator's Manual (revision F):
Accuracy of OPTI CCA-TS2 Analyzer pH, pCO2, and pO2 Measurements Analyte Sample Size Test Value Standard Deviation pH 81 7.2 0.009 7.4 0.009 7.6 0.009 pCO2 (mm Hg) 72 15 0.975 50 0.975 200 0.975 pO2 (mm Hg) 90 30 4.938 175 4.938 700...