Evaluation: NeuroLogica OmniTom Elite Point-of-Care CT System
May 26, 2022 | Evaluations & Guidance
- The OmniTom Elite is a point-of-care CT system with a dockable control tablet. The scanner has a continuously rotating x-ray source and detector array. It is capable of non-contrast, angiography, and contrast perfusion scans.
- The OmniTom Elite is used when transporting the patient to the imaging suite is not ideal or possible.
- Major components:
- X-ray generator: 6 kW power rating
- X-ray tube: Varex MSC-640
- Tube voltage: 70, 80, 100, and 120 kVp
- Tube current: 2.5 to 45 mA
- Tube heat capacity: 1,500,000 HU (heat units)
- Tube cooling rate: 54,000 HU/sec
- Detector: (1) Solid-state (2) 20 mm wide at isocenter with 16 detector rows