Evaluation: NeoScope NeoBronchoscope Digital Video Bronchoscopy System for ICU/ED or for Endoscopy Suite Applications
November 14, 2018 | Evaluations & Guidance
- The NeoBronchoscope system is used to examine the respiratory tract. The NeoFlex bronchoscope is inserted through the nose or mouth to examine the trachea and primary, secondary, and tertiary bronchi of the lungs during diagnostic and therapeutic respiratory procedures.
- NeoFlex bronchoscopes may be used in the endoscopy suite to identify lesions and to biopsy tissue.
- They may be used in the ED, ICU, or OR for intubation of patients with challenging anatomy.
- They may also be used in the ICU for procedures such as bronchial lavage, in which a small amount of fluid is injected through the working channel, then removed using suction.
- The NeoBronchoscope platform consists of: a) Video processor. A line-powered module
- Dimensions (L × W × H): 20.3 × 17.8 × 4.45 cm (8 × 7 × 1.75 in)
- Resolution with bronchoscopes: 400 × 400 pixels
- Functions include:
- Processing electronic video signals for display on a connected monitor
- Capturing images and video