Evaluation: Linet Multicare Bed for Critical Care Units
January 30, 2019 | Evaluations & Guidance
- The device is a fully motorized electric bed that allows patients and staff to adjust bed height and mattress/surface contours.
- Major device components and features:
- Bed frame
- The bed has a maximum safe working load of 227 kg (500 lb), including mattress and accessories.
- The open platform deck in its non-extended position can hold a standard 89 cm (35 in) wide by 203 cm (80 in) long patient mattress or therapeutic support surface. Additionally, with the built-in motorized foot extender, the deck can be extended by 22 cm (8.7 in).
- The deck is divided into four segments that allow the bed to be electrically adjusted to the following positions: Fowler, semi-Fowler, Trendelenburg, reverse Trendelenburg, cardiac chair, vascular foot, CPR, examination (bed flat at a working height), and bed-exit position.
- The bed's frame can be tilted laterally up to 30° in each direction when the siderails are up.
- A removable headboard and footboard facilitate access to patients for certain procedures.
- Movable and latchable head and central siderails facilitate patient ingress and egress and protect patients from falls. An optional siderail can also be placed at the foot end of each side of the bed to provide extra fall protection.
- Braking and steering system
- The centralized brake system can be activated from the four footpedals located on each corner of the bed.
- Each pedal can engage the brake or place the casters in a neutral or steering position.
- The i-Brake feature engages the brakes automatically after one minute if the brakes are disengaged and the bed is plugged in.
- A fifth caster on the undercarriage facilitates turning the bed. The fifth caster retracts when the bed is plugged in.
- The optional i-Drive system provides powered transport to ease the workload on the caregivers.
- Patient controls
- The patient controls are mounted on the inside of each of the middle siderails and on a removable handset.
- Patient controls allow the patient to adjust the angle of the backrest section, the height of the thigh section, and the auto-contour, as well as activate the nurse call.
- Retractable MobiLift support handles with built-in bed height adjustment buttons are located on each side of the bed to assist the patient when exiting the bed.
- Caregiver controls
- The main caregiver controls are located on the MultiBoard control panel and LCD touchscreen on the outside of each head siderail.
- The MultiBoard control panel allows full control of bed positioning, bed-exit monitoring, the weight scale, and the integrated mattress.
- Bed frame