Evaluation: Limestone Labs CleanSlate UV Countertop Disinfection Device
June 21, 2017 | Evaluations & Guidance
- The primary purpose of the Limestone Labs CleanSlate UV is to disinfect user- or facility-owned mobile devices (phones, tablets, and pagers) that may be susceptible to damage by chemical disinfection methods (70% isopropyl alcohol, bleach, or other disinfectants). Note that repeated exposure to UVC radiation can degrade materials such as plastics.
- Major device components:
- A lid, which is open if the device is turned on and a disinfection cycle is not occurring
- A quartz shelf approximately 23.5 cm (9.25 in) long and 28 cm (11 in) wide to hold mobile devices during CleanSlate UV operation
- Paper under the quartz shelf with a warning and instructions for use:
- A notice to alert users about the risk of mobile device photodegradation in the CleanSlate UV
- Instructions for use: Keep Device In Target Area, Place Item Gently Into Tray, Please Ensure At Least 1 Inch Between Items; also illustrations of devices to use in the CleanSlate UV
- Three top bulbs and three bottom bulbs in the back of the CleanSlate UV to generate UVC light
- A movable platform that transports the quartz shelf to the back of the CleanSlate UV at the beginning and end of a disinfection cycle
- A Stop button that terminates a disinfection cycle and opens the lid
- A touchscreen LCD display, which shows:
- Please Insert Device and Close Lid—shown approximately 60 seconds after turning the CleanSlate on or six seconds after a disinfection cycle is completed; this is the default display.
- Please Wait, System is Warming Up and a 60-second countdown clock—shown when the device is turned on.
- Sanitization Initiated—shown when CleanSlate lid is closed.
- Your Device Is Being Sanitized, a 30-second countdown clock, and Please Wash Your Hands—shown during a disinfection cycle. We note that the default 30-second cycle has an actual run time of 36.1 ±0.4 seconds (mean ±standard deviation).
Ambulatory Care CenterAmbulatory Surgery CenterAssisted-living FacilityBehavioral Health FacilityDialysis FacilityEmergency DepartmentEndoscopy FacilityHome CareHospiceHospital InpatientHospital OutpatientImaging CenterIndependent Living FacilityPhysician PracticeRehabilitation FacilityShort-stay FacilitySkilled-nursing FacilitySubstance Abuse Treatment FacilityTrauma Center
AnesthesiologyBariatricsCardiovascular MedicineCardiothoracic SurgeryClinical LaboratoryClinical NutritionCritical CareDiabetologyEmergency MedicineGastroenterologyHematologyHistologyInternal MedicineMaternal and Fetal MedicineNephrologyNuclear MedicineNursingObstetricsOncologyOrthopedicsPain ManagementPathologyPulmonary MedicineRadiation OncologySurgeryTransplantation