Evaluation: Lazarus 3D Medical 3D Printing Service
December 31, 2020 | Evaluations & Guidance
- Lazarus 3D provides services for creating patient-specific and customized 3D-printed anatomical models. The models are primarily indicated for surgical rehearsals, created from materials that mimic the mechanical properties of human anatomy. Models are able to be cut, sutured, and operated on in the same way as human tissue. Most models can be used multiple times.
- Lazarus 3D also provides clinical training programs with their models.
- Printing methods and manufacturing techniques are proprietary.
- Materials include formulations to mimic skin, fat, muscle, artery, vein, urethra, ureter, bladder, kidney, prostate, liver, brain, intestine, uterus, and heart.
- The dimensional accuracy of finished products depends on the end-use requirements.
- Some of the available anatomical models include:
- Brain: Applications include rehearsals such as craniotomy and hematoma drainage. The model is non-patient-specific and includes rigid skull and tissue-like brain that can be customized with dura, pathologies, tumors, or foreign objects per customer specifications.
- Lumbar and tendon: Applications include orthopedic ligament and tendon reconstruction. The model may be patient-specific or generic and contain customizations such as polyps or other pathology.
- Chest and abdomen: Applications include surgical procedures on breast, kidney, thorax, lung, thyroid, bladder, colon, rectum, and liver. Patient-specific models include stomach, rectum, colon, prostate, and female reproductive organs.