Evaluation: GE Carescape VC150 for Spot-Check Vital Signs Monitoring
February 28, 2018 | Evaluations & Guidance
- The Carescape VC150 monitor is designed to measure noninvasive blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, and oxygen saturation (SpO2) in adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients. It is primarily used for spot-check measurements to track the status of low-acuity patients.
- The VC150 can also be used to continuously monitor a patient's SpO2 and measure noninvasive blood pressure periodically based on predefined time intervals.
- Major device components and software features:
- Blood pressure module—The monitor uses the DINAMAP SuperSTAT algorithm for noninvasive blood pressure measurements.
- Temperature module—The vendor offers a choice between Welch Allyn SureTemp and Exergen TemporalScanner technology.
- Pulse oximetry module—The vendor offers a choice between GE TruSignal, Masimo Rainbow SET, and Nellcor technologies.
- Wireless connectivity—The vendor provides the wireless module on all models at no additional charge.
- The device is typically used in:
Ambulatory Care CenterAmbulatory Surgery CenterAssisted-living FacilityBehavioral Health FacilityDialysis FacilityEmergency DepartmentEndoscopy FacilityHome CareHospiceHospital InpatientHospital OutpatientImaging CenterIndependent Living FacilityPhysician PracticeRehabilitation FacilityShort-stay FacilitySkilled-nursing FacilitySubstance Abuse Treatment FacilityTrauma Center