Evaluation: Braebon MediByte Jr Home Sleep Testing Kit
May 15, 2019 | Evaluations & Guidance
- The MediByte Jr is an ambulatory device used to record physiologic signals during sleep. The data is downloaded to a computer where it is analyzed to determine whether the patient has sleep apnea.
- System components: a) Portable sleep data recorder
- Memory: 128 MB of internal memory, which can store up to 18 hours of data
- Size: 2.2 × 7.6 × 7.3 cm (0.9 × 3.0 × 2.9 in)
- Weight: 82 g (2.9 oz) with battery
- Internal sensor—accelerometer for monitoring patient position
- Input ports
- Pressure port for recording pressure via nasal cannula (flow and snoring are derived)
- Chest port for recording thoracic effort via the respiratory inductance plethysmography (RIP) belt
- Pulse oximetry (SpO2) port for recording blood oxygen saturation and pulse rate via a pulse oximetry sensor
- Mini USB connector for connecting to a PC for configuring the recorder and downloading recorded data
- One ½ AA battery
- On/off switch for manual starting and stopping of recording
- LED to indicate recorder status:
- Flashing green once every six seconds indicates that the recorder is waiting to collect data.
- Flashing green twice every six seconds indicates that the recorder is collecting data.
- Flashing red once every six seconds indicates a low battery.
- Flashing red twice every six seconds indicates that there is no signal from the pulse oximeter sensor.
- Continuously blinking red indicates that the battery is too low to record data.
- Not flashing indicates that the battery is dead or not inserted.
- Alternating green and red for four seconds after the battery is inserted indicates that the unit is functioning.