Evaluation: Arjo Citadel Bed for Medical/Surgical and Critical Care Units
January 30, 2019 | Evaluations & Guidance
- The device is a fully motorized electric bed that allows patients and staff to adjust bed height and mattress/surface contours.
- Major device components and features:
- Bed frame
- The bed has a maximum safe working load of 270 kg (595 lb), including the mattress, air mattress control unit, and accessories.
- The open platform deck in its non-extended position can hold a standard 90 cm (35 in) wide by 203 cm (80 in) long patient mattress or therapeutic support surface. Additionally, with the built-in extender, the deck can be shorted or extended by 13 cm (5 in).
- The deck is divided into four segments that allow it to be electrically adjusted to the following positions: Fowler, semi-Fowler, Trendelenburg, reverse Trendelenburg, cardiac chair, vascular foot.
- A removable headboard and footboard facilitate access to patients for certain procedures.
- Movable and latchable head and central siderails facilitate patient ingress and egress and protect patients from falls.
- Braking and steering system
- The centralized braking system can be activated from the four footpedals located on each corner of the bed.
- Each pedal can engage the brake or place the casters in a neutral or steering position.
- An optional fifth caster on the undercarriage facilitates turning the bed. The fifth caster can be retracted by depressing a pedal.
- The optional IndiGo system provides battery-powered transport to ease the workload on the caregivers.
- Patient controls
- The patient controls are mounted on the inside of each of the head siderails and on an optional removable handset.
- Patient controls allow the patient to adjust the angle of the backrest section and the height of the thigh section, as well as to activate the nurse call.
- Optional patient controls allow control of the TV and room lights.
- Caregiver controls
- The main caregiver controls are located on the Attendant Control Panel (ACP) on the outside of each middle siderail.
- The ACP includes buttons for full control of bed positioning, bed-exit monitoring, and the weight scale.
- The ACP allows adjustments to the height of the bed, the angle of the backrest section, the height of the thigh section, Trendelenburg, reverse Trendelenburg, and one-touch positioning for CPR position.
- Bed motion lockout of the patient controls and caregiver controls can be set from the ACP.
- Secondary caregiver control panels are found on the outside of each of the head siderails and allow adjustment of bed height and one-button activation of the chair position and flat-bed position. Additionally there are buttons on these control panels to activate the night-light and nurse call.
- Optional foot controls on the left and the right side of the bed allow control of the bed height.
- Bed frame
Ambulatory Care CenterAmbulatory Surgery CenterAssisted-living FacilityBehavioral Health FacilityDialysis FacilityEmergency DepartmentEndoscopy FacilityHome CareHospiceHospital InpatientHospital OutpatientIndependent Living FacilityImaging CenterPhysician PracticeRehabilitation FacilityShort-stay FacilitySkilled-nursing FacilitySubstance Abuse Treatment FacilityTrauma Center