Evaluation: Ambu aScope 4 Bronchoscope Platform for ICU/ED or for Endoscopy Suite Applications
November 14, 2018 | Evaluations & Guidance
- The aScope 4 series of bronchoscopes is used to examine the respiratory tract. These devices are inserted through the nose or mouth to examine the trachea and primary, secondary, and tertiary bronchi of the lungs during diagnostic and therapeutic respiratory procedures.
- aScope 4 bronchoscopes may be used in the endoscopy suite to identify lesions and to biopsy tissue.
- They may be used in the ED, ICU, or OR for intubation of patients with challenging anatomy.
- They may also be used in the ICU for procedures such as bronchial lavage, in which a small amount of fluid is injected through the working channel, then removed using suction.
- The aScope 4 platform consists of: a) aView monitor. Battery-powered, touchscreen-operated display/video processor
- Dimensions (L × H × D): 24.1 × 17.5 × 3.5 cm (9.5 × 6.875 × 1.375 in)
- Maximum resolution: 800 × 480 pixels
- Functions include: (a) Displaying video