Evaluation: Siemens Mammomat Inspiration Mammography System with Tomosynthesis
October 26, 2016 | Evaluations & Guidance
- The Mammomat Inspiration with tomosynthesis provides 2-D and 3-D images of the breast for screening or diagnostic imaging of breast cancer. In tomosynthesis (3-D) mode, the system generates a series of 2-D images through the breast. Each screening examination may consist of a 2-D full-field digital mammography (FFDM) image set, a 3-D digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT) image set, or a 2-D+3-D image set.
- Supplementary uses of the device are diagnostic procedures and stereotactic breast biopsy.
- It is not FDA-cleared for spectral imaging, with or without contrast agents.
- Major device components and software features: a) Motorized gantry:
- The swivel range is -180° to +180° with preselectable rotation angle
- The height adjustment is 69 to 150 cm