Evaluation: Philips Q-CPR CPR Feedback Device
January 8, 2016 | Evaluations & Guidance
- Q-CPR consists of a chest sensor ("puck") that is placed on the patient's sternum. It is available as a reusable accessory for use with the following Philips defibrillator models:
- HeartStart MRx monitor/defibrillator
- HeartStart FR3 automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Q-CPR provides real-time feedback to CPR providers on all five key CPR parameters (as specified in AHA guidelines):
- Compression depth
- Compression rate
- Degree of chest wall recoil
- Ventilation rate
- Inactivity time
- The device is intended for clinical use, but also can be used for CPR training on manikins.
- Q-CPR also provides data for postevent review.
- CPR data is integrated directly into the monitor/defibrillator or AED event data; a report of CPR performance can be generated.
- Voice recording capability, for later event review, is available on the defibrillators used with the Q-CPR.
- Components and capabilities: a) Feedback on compressions is provided through use of a CPR meter—the chest sensor—that is connected to the defibrillator (see images below).
- Compressions are applied directly to the chest sensor, which uses an accelerometer and force gauge to measure compression depth and chest wall recoil, as well as to calculate the compression rate.
- The chest sensor measures 6 × 2.5 × 1.1 inches (H × W × D) and weighs 0.38 lb. It shows a diagram of proper device placement on the hand pad (where users place their hands to perform CPR).
- A display at the top of the chest sensor indicates compression depth and chest wall recoil with a white bar. A gauge is used to indicate proper compression rate.
- The chest sensor connects to the HeartStart MRx monitor/defibrillator or the HeartStart FR3 AED via a long, flexible cable and is powered by the monitor/defibrillator or AED.
Ambulatory Care CenterAmbulatory Surgery CenterAssisted-living FacilityBehavioral Health FacilityDialysis FacilityEmergency DepartmentEndoscopy FacilityHome CareHospiceHospital InpatientHospital OutpatientImaging CenterIndependent Living FacilityPhysician PracticeRehabilitation FacilityShort-stay FacilitySkilled-nursing FacilitySubstance Abuse Treatment FacilityTrauma Center