Evaluation: Cardiac Designs ECG Check Smartphone-Enabled ECG Monitor
May 2, 2018 | Evaluations & Guidance
- The primary purpose of Cardiac Designs' ECG Check is to record, store, and send single-lead ECG tracings.
- The ECG Check smartphone application also displays ECG tracings and uses an algorithm to detect the presence of normal sinus rhythm and abnormal rhythms.
- Major device components: a) Handheld device—ECG monitor:
- Has two electrodes. User places one or more fingers from each hand on the electrodes to record a single-lead ECG.
- The monitor transmits data to the smartphone via Bluetooth.
- The monitor has a rechargeable battery and comes with a charging adapter.
- Dimensions: 8.5 × 5 × 1 cm.