Norovirus Strikes More than 100 Residents and Staff Members at CCRC
December 18, 2015 | Aging Services Risk Management
More than 100 cases of norovirus among staff members and residents were reported to the wellness clinic of a continuing care retirement community (CCRC) through Thursday, December 10, states a December 10, 2015, Noozhawk article. After the outbreak became apparent on Monday, the CCRC began to take steps to prevent transmission. It asked residents to isolate themselves, discouraged visitors, canceled all activities, and began performing "intensive" cleaning of public areas. Other facilities in the county that were affected by the outbreak included schools and skilled nursing facilities.