Webinar | Coming Together for Cybersecurity: Recommendations from the Healthcare and Public Health Sector Coordinating Council
June 11, 2019
With hospitals facing countless demands on their time and resources, managing medical device and health IT cybersecurity can feel overwhelming. Fortunately, facilities don't have to do all the thinking themselves. A partnership including ECRI Institute and various other stakeholders is providing guidance and recommendations that can help lift the burden.
The Healthcare and Public Health Sector Coordinating Council (HSCC) Cybersecurity Working Group (CWG) is a public-private coalition of healthcare organizations and government agencies whose mission is to provide actionable guidance in addressing cybersecurity threats that affect the healthcare sector. They have released two recommendation documents:
- Health Industry Cybersecurity Practices (HICP), which provides healthcare facilities with practical recommendations to mitigate the top five cybersecurity threats
- The Joint Security Plan (JSP), which provides recommendations on how to establish and maintain a partnership between suppliers and providers/facilities to manage medical device and health IT security through the product's life cycle
Experts from hospitals, device manufacturers, and government agencies will be joining ECRI Institute to introduce and discuss these recommendations. Learn what the HSCC's mission is and how to become involved; how to apply and tailor HICP cybersecurity recommendations to fit the specific needs of your organization; and how the JSP outlines a partnership with vendors to enhance medical device security.
Agenda & Speakers
- Julie Chua, Risk Management Branch Chief, Office of Information Security, HHS
- Erik Decker, Chief Information Security & Privacy Officer, The University of Chicago Medicine
- Kevin McDonald, Director, Clinical Information Security, Mayo Clinic
- Aftin Ross, Senior Project Manager, CDRH, FDA
- Rob Suárez, Director, Product Security, BD
- Chad Waters, Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, Health Devices, ECRI Institute