Root Cause Analysis-in-Action: Building Foundations
ECRI and the Institute for Safe Medication Practices PSO’s Virtual Training
April 25 and 27, 2023
When an adverse event occurs, finding its cause is essential to preventing a reoccurrence and improving patient safety processes and culture. But how do you know if you reached the true root cause, or just identified mitigating factors? How are you tracking to help prevent a recurrence?
Become better able to determine the root cause of adverse events with Root Cause Analysis in Action: Building Foundations, ECRI and the Institute for Safe Medication Practices PSO’s virtual root cause analysis (RCA) training. In this two-day training, RCA experts will guide you through interactive didactics and case studies in a small group setting, so you learn the skills you need to effectively complete RCAs. In addition to hands-on learning, participants will have the option of participating in a group follow-up call with two RCA experts to discuss any additional questions and troubleshooting.
At the conclusion of the training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of developing a culture that supports RCAs
- Facilitate RCA meetings in which team members can develop sustainable solutions
- Conduct a thorough investigation and analysis of a patient safety event
- Develop a sustainable action plan to address causal factors and underlying root causes of an event
- Identify action items and measures of effectiveness to prevent event reoccurrence
- April 25, 2023 from 12:30 p.m. – 4:55 p.m. ET
- April 27, 2023 from 12:30 p.m. – 4:55 p.m. ET
- Where: Link to virtual platform will be provided upon registration
- Cost: $1095 USD per person
- Continuing education units: CE application has been submitted
Space is limited.