Root Cause Analysis: Advanced Principles and Practices
September 29, 2022
Enhance your root cause analysis skills with Root Cause Analysis: Advanced Principles and Practices, ECRI and the Institute for Safe Medication Practices PSO’s virtual root cause analysis (RCA) training. During this one day live virtual training, RCA experts will cover advanced concepts, techniques and strategies that will help participants improve their existing root cause analysis process. Key concepts include just culture model, investigative interviewing, communicating safety events to patients and families and strategies to operationalize and implement RCA improvement actions.
This training is an interactive learning opportunity that blends didactic presentations by subject matter experts and group case study reviews and exercises.
At the conclusion of the training, participants will be able to:
- Understand how a just culture approach can improve the culture of safety around patient safety event reporting.
- Discuss techniques to improve investigative interviewing during the root cause analysis process.
- Describe strategies to effectively communicate with patients and families when a patient safety event has occurred.
- Understand how to implement safety improvement changes in a way that is sustainable for ongoing improvement.
- When: September 29, 2022 from 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET
- Where: Link to virtual platform will be provided upon registration
- Cost: $995 USD per person
- Who should attend: risk managers, quality and performance improvement professionals, patient safety officers
- Competency level: proficient to expert
Space is limited for this event.