COVID-19 Resource Center
Thank you to all healthcare workers around the world combating COVID-19. You are truly heroes.
Providing free and shareable resources* to the healthcare community in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
These are unprecedented times, and ECRI realizes you are facing numerous challenges. First and foremost, we hope you, your family, and those you hold dear stay safe and healthy. Visit this COVID-19 Resource Center often for the latest information and life-saving resources. ECRI stands ready to assist your organization in the battle against COVID-19, whether or not you are a current member. If you need assistance, please contact us today at email@example.com.
Total cases worldwide
Last updated August 7, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. ET from the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center.
Recently added resources
- NEW (July 29, 2020) | COVID-19 Release and Liability Waivers: Real Risk Mitigation or a False Sense of Security?: Given the high number of risks associated with the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, service providers are using COVID-19-related liability waivers and attestation statements, asking an individual to attest to the fact that they are not experiencing COVID-19-like signs or symptoms and have not recently tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2) before the provider renders services to the individual.
- Coronavirus Support Product Equivalents: Best matches for the three most popular air clearance units, breathing circuits, disinfecting wipes, HME filters, IV solutions, and universal transfer media. Proprietary database includes manufacturer name, catalog number, percentage match, median price, and KPI details.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Supply Equivalents: Best matches for the three most popular exam gloves, disinfecting wipes, face shields, isolation gowns, IV solutions, N95 air purifying respirators, shoe covers, surgical masks, and universal transport medium based on key performance indicators (KPIs) and functional equivalence. Proprietary database includes manufacturer name, catalog number, percentage match, median price, and KPI details.
- High-Flow Oxygen Therapy Units: This Product Comparison covers oxygen therapy units, standalone systems only, that noninvasively provide heated and humidified air, air/oxygen, or helium/oxygen gas mixtures at high flow rates. (comparison spreadsheet)
- Positive Airway Pressure Units, Noninvasive: This Product Comparison covers various types of noninvasive positive airway pressure devices, including single‐level, continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) and bilevel (BiPAP) units and their accessories. (comparison spreadsheet)
Resources for healthcare professionals
Our free resources include emergency preparedness and infection control guidelines, checklists, and tools; supply chain resources, and guidance for aging care facilities. Additional resources and services are available through ECRI’s membership programs. Contact us today to learn more.
COVID-19 resource collections
Visit these COVID-19 resource pages often for the latest information and life-saving resources.
- CMS | New Guidance on Requirements for Notification of Confirmed and Suspected COVID-19 Cases in Nursing Homes
- CDC | Interim Guidelines for Collecting, Handling, and Testing Clinical Specimens from Persons for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC | COVID-19 Patient Impact & Hospital Capacity Module
- FDA | Enforcement Policy for Face Masks and Respirators During the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency
- FDA | FAQs on 3D Printing of Medical Devices, Accessories, Components, and Parts During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- FDA | FAQs on Diagnostic Testing for SARS-CoV-2
ECRI in the news
- July 11, 2020 | Modern Healthcare: Providers in emerging COVID hot spots face complex set of challenges
- May 15, 2020 | MedTechDive: FDA aims to thwart infusion pump shortage with new industrywide emergency use authorization
- May 15, 2020 | Philadelphia Inquirer: Universal coronavirus testing at Pennsylvania nursing homes?
- May 11, 2020 | Modern Healthcare’s Executive Conversations: Infection Control in the COVID-19 Era: Strategies for Reducing Infection Risk During and After the Crisis
- May 11, 2020 | Wired: Infrared Cameras Can Spot a Fever, but May Not Slow Covid-19
External Resource Centers
- AHRMM Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
- American Hospital Association
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) COVID-19 Resources
- The BMJ
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Cochrane Library
- ISMP COVID-19 Resources
- Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA)
- The Lancet
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- World Health Organization
* All material in this COVID-19 Resource Center, https://www.ecri.org/coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak-preparedness-center/, is protected by copyright, and all rights are reserved under international and Pan-American copyright conventions. However, in light of current circumstances, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ECRI will permit the ECRI content accessible from this COVID-19 Resource Center to be reproduced and shared, in whole or in part, for non-commercial purposes only. If you desire to reproduce or share content from third-party sources cited within this Center, you must first seek approval from that third-party source.