COVID-19 Resource Center
Thank you to all healthcare workers around the world combating COVID-19. You are truly heroes.
Providing free and shareable resources* to the healthcare community in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
These are unprecedented times, and ECRI realizes you are facing numerous challenges. First and foremost, we hope you, your family, and those you hold dear stay safe and healthy. Visit this COVID-19 Resource Center often for the latest information and life-saving resources. ECRI stands ready to assist your organization in the battle against COVID-19, whether or not you are a current member. If you need assistance, please contact us today at email@example.com.
Recently added resources
- UPDATED (June 24, 2020) | Considerations for Safe Labor, Delivery, and Neonatal Care during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Guidance on ways to protect staff, measures to limit transmission, recommendations for COVID-19 testing for pregnant women and for infants born to infected mothers, and optimal maternal care and breastfeeding recommendations.
- UPDATED (June 24, 2020) | Coronavirus Support Product Equivalents: Best matches for the three most popular air clearance units, breathing circuits, disinfecting wipes, HME filters, IV solutions, and universal transfer media. Proprietary database includes manufacturer name, catalog number, percentage match, median price, and KPI details.
- UPDATED (June 24, 2020) | Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Supply Equivalents: Best matches for the three most popular exam gloves, disinfecting wipes, face shields, isolation gowns, IV solutions, N95 air purifying respirators, shoe covers, surgical masks, and universal transport medium based on key performance indicators (KPIs) and functional equivalence. Proprietary database includes manufacturer name, catalog number, percentage match, median price, and KPI details.
- SARS-CoV-2 Test Kits: This report includes a list of identified SARS-CoV-2 tests on the market with confirmation of availability and whether a supplier is accepting new customers.
- ECRI Position Statement | Immunity Passports Based on COVID-19 Antibody Testing: A Flawed Concept?: ECRI examines the idea of immunity passports and identifies implications for use as a safe and effective intervention to prevent COVID-19 transmission.
- ECRI is collaborating with The Association for Health Care Resource & Materials Management (AHRMM) to provide lists of non-traditional suppliers offering PPE supplies. In this collaboration, AHRMM is tracking non-traditional domestic suppliers and ECRI is tracking non-traditional international suppliers. The combined effort and solution will help providers vet non-traditional suppliers and provide assurance that they have been assessed by each organization.
Resources for healthcare professionals
Our free resources include emergency preparedness and infection control guidelines, checklists, and tools; supply chain resources, and guidance for aging care facilities. Additional resources and services are available through ECRI’s membership programs. Contact us today to learn more.
COVID-19 resource collections
Visit these COVID-19 resource pages often for the latest information and life-saving resources.
- CMS | New Guidance on Requirements for Notification of Confirmed and Suspected COVID-19 Cases in Nursing Homes
- CDC | Interim Guidelines for Collecting, Handling, and Testing Clinical Specimens from Persons for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC | COVID-19 Patient Impact & Hospital Capacity Module
- FDA | Enforcement Policy for Face Masks and Respirators During the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency
- FDA | FAQs on 3D Printing of Medical Devices, Accessories, Components, and Parts During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- FDA | FAQs on Diagnostic Testing for SARS-CoV-2
ECRI in the news
- July 11, 2020 | Modern Healthcare: Providers in emerging COVID hot spots face complex set of challenges
- May 15, 2020 | MedTechDive: FDA aims to thwart infusion pump shortage with new industrywide emergency use authorization
- May 15, 2020 | Philadelphia Inquirer: Universal coronavirus testing at Pennsylvania nursing homes?
- May 11, 2020 | Modern Healthcare’s Executive Conversations: Infection Control in the COVID-19 Era: Strategies for Reducing Infection Risk During and After the Crisis
- May 11, 2020 | Wired: Infrared Cameras Can Spot a Fever, but May Not Slow Covid-19
External Resource Centers
- AHRMM Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
- American Hospital Association
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) COVID-19 Resources
- The BMJ
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Cochrane Library
- ISMP COVID-19 Resources
- Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA)
- The Lancet
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- World Health Organization
* All material in this COVID-19 Resource Center, https://www.ecri.org/coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak-preparedness-center/, is protected by copyright, and all rights are reserved under international and Pan-American copyright conventions. However, in light of current circumstances, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ECRI will permit the ECRI content accessible from this COVID-19 Resource Center to be reproduced and shared, in whole or in part, for non-commercial purposes only. If you desire to reproduce or share content from third-party sources cited within this Center, you must first seek approval from that third-party source.