COVID-19 Resource Center
Thank you to all healthcare workers around the world combating COVID-19. You are truly heroes.
Providing free and shareable resources* to the healthcare community in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
These are unprecedented times, and ECRI realizes you are facing numerous challenges. First and foremost, we hope you, your family, and those you hold dear stay safe and healthy. Visit this COVID-19 Resource Center often for the latest information and life-saving resources. ECRI stands ready to assist your organization in the battle against COVID-19, whether or not you are a current member. If you need assistance, please contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Total cases worldwide
Last updated November 25, 2020 at 8:15 a.m. ET from the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center.
Recently added resources
- NEW ECRI Position Paper | Community Engagement to Improve Enrollment Diversity in COVID-19 Studies: ECRI believes community engagement to increase diversity and inclusion of patients enrolled in COVID-19 trials is critical, not just for vaccine trials, but also for treatment trials and epidemiologic studies.
- UPDATED | Gown Testing Summary: Gown testing data includes manufacturer, model name, model #, lot #, country of origin, color, cuff type, thumb hole, seam locations, materia, photos, and AAMI equivalent level.
- NEW ECRI Position Paper | Testing’s Role in Combating COVID-19: No Guarantee for Safe Holiday Gatherings: Testing plays a major role in controlling COVID-19’s spread, but a negative result does not ensure safety from the virus when celebrating the holidays with people outside one’s household or bubble. Two reasons: testing reflects only a person’s status the day of testing, and the timing and type of SARS-CoV-2 testing matter.
- NEW ECRI HAZARD REPORT | Use of Isolation Gowns Purchased from Non-Traditional Manufacturers without Independent Lab Validation May Put Healthcare Workers at Risk for Blood and Fluid Exposure: Protecting healthcare workers and patients is always important, but the stakes are even higher during COVID-19.
- UPDATED | N95-Style Mask Testing Summary: NIOSH data includes model/product line, international standard, filtration efficiency percentage, N95 particle filtration efficiency (PFE) requirement assessment, and test report. ECRI data also includes product image.
- NEW ECRI Position Paper | Fast-tracking COVID-19 Vaccine Approval: Rushing to the Finish Line May Result in Tripping and Falling: ECRI maintains its urgent call for COVID-19 vaccine deployment only after a thorough review of completed phase III trial data, and under no circumstances should FDA authorize vaccines with fewer than six months of follow-up data from the full trial cohort.
Resources for healthcare professionals
Our free resources include emergency preparedness and infection control guidelines, checklists, and tools; supply chain resources, and guidance for aging care facilities. Additional resources and services are available through ECRI’s membership programs. Contact us today to learn more.
COVID-19 resource collections
Visit these COVID-19 resource pages often for the latest information and life-saving resources.
- CMS | New Guidance on Requirements for Notification of Confirmed and Suspected COVID-19 Cases in Nursing Homes
- CDC | Interim Guidelines for Collecting, Handling, and Testing Clinical Specimens from Persons for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC | COVID-19 Patient Impact & Hospital Capacity Module
- FDA | Enforcement Policy for Face Masks and Respirators During the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency
- FDA | FAQs on 3D Printing of Medical Devices, Accessories, Components, and Parts During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- FDA | FAQs on Diagnostic Testing for SARS-CoV-2
ECRI in the news
- November 16, 2020 | Scripps National News: Meeting safety standards in PPE gowns
- October 23, 2020 | Infectious Disease Special Edition: Rushing COVID-19 Vaccination Could Undermine Overall Success, Vaccine Experts Warn FDA
- October 22, 2020 | NBC News: In livestreamed FDA meeting, U.S. regulators and experts take up Covid vaccine issues
- October 22, 2020 | PBS News Hour: U.S. regulators, experts take up thorny vaccine study issues
- July 11, 2020 | Modern Healthcare: Providers in emerging COVID hot spots face complex set of challenges
External Resource Centers
- AHRMM Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
- American Hospital Association
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) COVID-19 Resources
- The BMJ
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Cochrane Library
- ISMP COVID-19 Resources
- Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA)
- The Lancet
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- World Health Organization
* All material in this COVID-19 Resource Center, https://www.ecri.org/coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak-preparedness-center/, is protected by copyright, and all rights are reserved under international and Pan-American copyright conventions. However, in light of current circumstances, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ECRI will permit the ECRI content accessible from this COVID-19 Resource Center to be reproduced and shared, in whole or in part, for non-commercial purposes only. If you desire to reproduce or share content from third-party sources cited within this Center, you must first seek approval from that third-party source.