Share. Learn. Protect.
Adverse events happen. The Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act creates opportunities to reduce these unfortunate events. Under the Federal Protection you can:
- Share information and compare experiences with other providers
- Learn best practices to fix your specific problems
- Take action to protect your patients—and your bottom line
Hospitals with 50+ Beds Need to Take Action Now
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) finalized its "Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters" for 2017 in the March 8, 2016, Federal Register. In it, they establish new patient safety requirements for hospitals that contract with a Qualified Health Plan (QHP). Hospitals with over 50 beds must engage with a federally listed Patient Safety Organization (PSO) or, if not working with a PSO, implement an evidence-based initiative, to improve healthcare quality through the collection, management and analysis of patient safety events that reduces all cause preventable harm, prevents hospital readmission, or improves care coordination.
Comprehensive Resources to Identify Risk and Drive Patient Safety Improvement
It’s not just the information you put into a PSO, it’s the quality of information, analysis, advice, and support you get out of your PSO that will allow you to take full advantage of the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act—and give you the strong return-on-investment that you want for your organization, and your patients.
ECRI Institute PSO Plus helps you get your patient safety goals moving faster—save time, drive change, reduce lost revenue—without the staff hours required to create a program from scratch. PSO Plus lets you maximize your resources to:
- Investigate issues and determine a plan for improvement with interactive assessments, independent review of root cause analyses, and more
- Research potential solutions and guidance in a comprehensive evidence library and custom research support
- Build a compelling business case for patient safety including audits, impact, effectiveness, affordability, and feasibility
- Implement change with customizable tools and best practices
- Measure and monitor results through paper and interactive auditing
- Support change and maintain progress with educational programs and Continuing Medical Education
Address Your Top Challenges
Our annual Top 10 Patient Safety Concerns are determined by examining events submitted to our PSO. Learn more in our video about some of the topics covered in the Top 10.
Deep and Broad Resources Allow You to Pick Up Speed
Contact us to learn how ECRI Institute PSO Plus can help you and your organization meet your goals. Call: (610) 825-6000, ext. 5558, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.