Clinical Engineering Certification (CEC) Program
Assessment of your clinical engineering areas based on ISO 17021 standards
Set your clinical engineering program on the track to international world class standards. Medical devices are a vital element of modern healthcare and provide huge benefits to patients, but may also contribute to accidental injuries and deaths in hospitals.
Are You Asking Yourself
- How do I reduce the risk of harm from medical devices?
- Do I have proper processes in place to manage the complexity of integrated devices and health IT systems?
- Do I need an independent evaluator to critically and objectively assess each clinical area, based on ISO 17021 standards?
ECRI Institute's Clinical Engineering Certification (CEC) is designed for hospital clinical/biomedical engineering departments and independent service organizations. The following is included in the CEC certification:
- On-site assessment of your organization's adherence to industry standards
- Assessment of biomedical/clinical engineering departments
- Assessments of medical device management and device safety
- An inventory of required policies and procedures in need of development/revision
- Review of your computerized medical equipment management system
- Development of a detailed plan for improvement
ECRI Institute's independent evaluators critically and objectively assess each clinical area based on ISO 17021 standards, and conduct an assessment of your organization's adherence to these standards. Your facility will receive a detailed and actionable plan for improved safety and medical equipment management.
The hands-on CEC program includes a baseline assessment, gap analysis, and a clearly outlined action plan to help you take the necessary corrective actions to produce measurable outcomes.
For More Information
To certify your clinical engineering department, call: 44 (0) 1707 831 001 or email: email@example.com.