The Health Devices Achievement Award is presented each year to an ECRI Institute member institution that has demonstrated an outstanding initiative that improves patient safety, reduces costs, or otherwise facilitates better strategic management of health technology.
Applicants should submit a 1,500- to 2,000-word essay to ECRI Institute describing an initiative (or initiatives) undertaken at their facility that demonstrates excellence in the field of health technology management. Relevant details to provide include the following:
- A description of the initiative
- The motivation behind the initiative
- The methodology used
- The impacts of the initiative, including outcomes and cost savings (as applicable)
Applicants must represent a healthcare facility that is a current member of one of the following: Health Devices System™, HDGold™, or SELECTplus™.
Initiatives may relate to any health technology management endeavor, including the following:
- Patient safety
- Technology selection and service
- Resource allocation
- Hazard and recall management
- Staff training
Winning submissions in the past have included clearly identified problems or issues, descriptions of how the candidate's solutions addressed the problems or issues, and evidence of improvement, such as measurements of performance before and after implementing the solution.
Essays can be submitted to ECRI Institute by any of the following methods, labelled, Attention: Health Devices Achievement Award:
- Honorary award for prominent display in winning institution
- Formal onsite presentation by ECRI Institute
- Feature article and promotion on ECRI Institute's website
- Publicity in ECRI Institute press announcements
In addition to honoring the award winner, ECRI Institute acknowledges award finalists through its publications, online services, and promotions.
Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of independent judges and by members of ECRI Institute’s staff. The winner will be announced later this year. Criteria for selection include the following:
- Performance improvement
- Improved delivery of care
- Extensibility to other institutions
Read about this year's winner, Christiana Care Health System, and our five finalists, as well as past winners and finalists.