Date: October 23, 2013
A Live, Interactive Web Conference Presented by ECRI Institute
1:00 to 2:30 p.m. ET
Timothy Wong, Project Officer, Health Devices, ECRI Institute
Anthony J. Coronado, Biomedical Engineering Manager, Methodist Hospital of Southern California
Suzanne Schwartz, MD, MBA, Director of Emergency Preparedness/Operations and Medical Countermeasures, FDA
Erin Sparnon, Engineering Manager, Health Devices, ECRI Institute
Cybersecurity is frequently on the minds of hospital IT staff for their information systems, but recent high-profile articles and alerts from the Department of Homeland Security’s Industrial Control Systems-Cyber Emergency Response Team (ICS-CERT) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), have this topic on the hot seat for medical devices. These alerts described vulnerabilities posed with many medical devices, and hospitals are asking:
- Do these vulnerabilities impact current inventories?
- Does the recent attention indicate a new risk?
- If so, what, if anything, should be done about it?
- How should they plan to address the increased cybersecurity risks with the expanding growth of networked medical devices?
Experts from ECRI Institute and Methodist
Hospital of Southern California (Arcadia, CA), winner of the 2013 Health Devices Achievement Award, will help hospitals deal with heightened concerns about cybersecurity. Attend “Tackling Medical Device Cybersecurity” on Wednesday October 23, 2013, from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m.
Presenters will cover
- How cybersecurity can impact medical devices
- FDA’s perspectives on the roles of hospitals and medical device suppliers in cybersecurity management
- What healthcare facilities can do to protect themselves and their patients from cybersecurity threats, both today and in planning for the future
- Hospital Risk Managers
- Clinical Staff
- Information Technology Leaders
- Clinical Department Heads
- Clinical and Biomedical Engineers
- Materials Managers
- Other Healthcare Professionals
*This web conference is free for ECRI Institute Health Devices SystemTM, Health Devices GoldTM, and SELECTPlusTM members. Price for other registrants is $249.