2019 International Patient Safety Day
Safety Culture at All Levels | September 17
ECRI, a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving patient safety, is proud to join leaders around the globe in celebrating International Patient Safety Day.
The theme for this year's worldwide celebration is Safety Culture at All Levels. For ECRI, this means ensuring that patients aren’t put in harm’s way because of unsafe medical technologies, unintended adverse events, and unproven processes and procedures. We do this by testing and evaluating thousands of medical devices, analyzing patient safety events submitted by more than 1,800 members of ECRI Patient Safety Organization (PSO), and assessing the trustworthiness of clinical practice guidelines internationally.
In our experience, we know that event reports are under-reported. So, an important part of our mission involves encouraging the reporting of events and sharing what we’ve learned, especially with leaders in hospitals, ambulatory care, aging services, and homecare.
We invite you to explore all that we have to offer and consider becoming a member of ECRI Institute.
We offer the following resources today, so that tomorrow we all can be closer to realizing our common goal of safer healthcare worldwide.
Patient safety stories
Clinical practice guidelines
- Free access to the ECRI Guidelines Trust®
Patient safety and risk management resources
- Top 10 Patient Safety Concerns for 2019
- Las 10 Mayores Preocupaciones: Sobre Seguridad del Paciente Para 2019
- Culture of Safety: An Overview
- ECRI Data Help Reignite Support for Patient Identifier in Congress
- Health IT Safe Practices on Drug Allergy Interventions, Safer Opioid Prescribing, Patient Identification, Closing the Loop, Copy and Paste
- Spread Best Practices, Not Infection: Our Commitment to CDC’s Challenge on Anti-Microbial Resistance
Device Safety Resources
- Top 10 Health Technology Hazards for 2019
- 10 Mayores Riesgos de la Tecnología Médica Para 2019
- 4 Ways to Prevent Harm from Surgical Staplers
- Critical Patient Safety Statistic Infographic
- Cybersecurity Around Implantable Medical Devices
- ECRI Exposes Unsafe Infusion Pump in First International Evaluation
- ECRI Opens International Medical Device Evaluation Center
- Endoscope Reprocessing
- Reining in Unbridled Uses of Robotic-Assisted Surgery
- Health Literacy: Helping Older Adults and Their Families Understand Health Issues
- Mismatched Needs and Services Can Lead to Harm
ECRI employees come together for patient safety
Sign-up to receive our Patient Safety & Risk eNewsletter.